Lecturer for the Department of Russian Language and Literature with MASARYK UNIVERSITY
Department: Department of Russian Language and Literature – Faculty of Education
Deadline: Sep 3, 2022
Start date: 01.10.2022
Type of employment: full time
Working area: Education and schooling
DEAN OF THE FACULTY OF EDUCATION, Masaryk University Brno lists compliance with Art. 77 of Act No. 111/98 Coll. selection process to fill a position LECTURER specializing in the practical teaching of the Russian language
department: Department of Russian Language and Literature
University/Faculty: Masaryk University / Faculty of Education
Use: CDD (one year contract with possibility of extension)
Job level: Full time (1, 0), i.e. 40 h/week
Post category: R1
Start date: October 1, 2022
Number of open positions: 1
Registration deadline: September 3, 2022
The Department of Russian Language and Literature prepares teachers of Russian for elementary schools and participates in the preparation and implementation of the study programs Training of Lower Secondary Teachers in Russian Language, Training of Elementary Teachers and Training of preschool teachers (teaching of the Russian language). The department’s programs are focused on teaching the Russian language at the theoretical and practical level.
More information about the faculty can be found at the end of the announcement, workplace on the department’s website.
The lecturer will carry out activities related to the educational and professional side of the university profession:
- Participates in the teaching of compulsory and optional subjects focusing on practical language and in the programs Russian Language for Education (bachelor’s degree) or Training of Lower Secondary Teachers in the Russian Language (follow-up proficiency),
- participates in the teaching of the Russian language as part of the Primary Teacher Training program,
- participates in the teaching of the Russian language in the training of preschool teachers,
- participates in the teaching of optional subjects of the Russian Russian language for beginners 1 to 4.
Professional training, qualifications and experience: (obligatory)
- Master’s degree in the field of teaching Russian language and literature, Russian language at C1+ level,
- active knowledge of the English language (at least level B2),
- ability to teach in the Czech language (minimum level C1+ or native speaker),
- experience in creating and using interactive materials in teaching,
- teaching experience at a university (advantage),
- teaching experience in a primary, secondary or higher vocational school (advantage),
- experience of project activities (advantage).
Other knowledge and skills: (obligatory)
- User knowledge of PC work: MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook),
- knowledge of secure management of data, information and digital content, ability to collaborate using digital technologies (MS Teams, ZOOM, etc.),
- flexibility and willingness to participate in the development of quality undergraduate student education,
- good organizational and communication skills, independence, responsibility, ability to propose own research and teaching projects and to innovate in teaching.
Employee benefits and services
- Eight weeks of vacation per year,
- subsidized meals in canteens with a rich selection (meal allowance), snack bar and Kafinet cafe in the building,
- flexible working hours, pension insurance contribution,
- use of free time: possibility to use sports facilities in Brno (Multisport card), sports hall on campus, employee prices in the Scala cinema,
- children’s center of the PiDi Muňátka faculty, events for employees and their families,
- relocation support (for international employees): support and coordination of activities with the International Staff Office (university counseling center for foreign employees), MUNI International Employee Guide, access to information on life in the Czech Republic and Brno (for more details, see FAQ: Information for foreign employees section).
- Employment in a prestigious institution awarded with the HR Excellence in Research Award,
- combine research and development with teaching activities, interdepartmental cooperation,
- reconcile work and family life,
- a well-equipped work environment (computer equipment in classrooms and offices, kitchens available to employees, cafeteria),
- well accessible location in the center of Brno.
Education and development
- Career development and growth, assignment of a mentor at the start of employment, opportunity to become a trainer,
- education, language and other courses provided by MU, use of MUNI libraries,
- possibility of taking advantage of stays and internships abroad, participation in conferences.
HOW TO REGISTER?
Apply through the online application link until September 3, 2022 and submit the required documents:
- A structured CV in PDF format (min. 1 A4),
- a cover letter in PDF format (max. 1 A4),
- a copy of the documents of your highest level of studies (without a notarized certificate).
After the electronic application deadline, you will receive information on the next steps. In case of ambiguity, use the FAQ section or contact the head of the Human Resources Department of the Faculty of Education of Masaryk University.
Submit the required documents when sending the electronic application
In case of non-presentation of the required documents when submitting an electronic application, the applicant may be asked (once only) to present them before a specific date. If he does not submit the documents within this period, he will not be eligible for the next round of the interview selection procedure.
Selection process and selection criteria
- submission of all documents required in the electronic application,
- knowledge of the Czech language, written and spoken (minimum level C1 or native speaker),
- the conformity of the candidate’s profile with the requirements of the position.
Declaration of non-discrimination
At Masaryk University Faculty of Education, we promote equal opportunities. There must be no discrimination or unequal treatment based on age, gender, social disadvantage or otherwise during the selection process. The selection procedure of academic staff members, as well as other employees, is carried out in accordance with the Regulations on the Selection Procedure of Masaryk University. As part of the HR strategy of the faculty, when recruiting and selecting employees, we also adhere to the OTM-R recruitment principles (open, transparent and merit-based recruitment).
The Faculty of Education, recipient of the prestigious international HR Excellence in Research award, is a faculty whose relevant research orientation is based on interdisciplinarity linking teaching, scientific research and social engagement in academia. It develops the HR strategy, supports career development, reconciles employees’ work and personal life and offers a wide range of benefits.